Frigate Island is a private island is only 2.19 square kilometres (0.85 sq mi) and is primarily known as a
secluded, private luxury resort and its Anse Victorin beach was voted "The World's Best Beach" by The Times.It was named by explorer Lazare Picault after the abundance of frigatebirds on the island. The hotel underwent modernizing in 1995 on the island and the island isalso noted for its snorkeling.
The highest point on the island is called Mount Signale, which reaches a peak of 125 metresin the central west area of the island. The Riviére Bambous flows from approximately 300 metres north-east of the mountain where it flows down past the Gros Bois Noire and Plaine Magnan areas of the northern inner island and then acutely northeast until it reaches the Indian Ocean north of the airstrip on the east coast.Beaches on the north coast include from west to east the award winning Anse Victorin beach, Anse Maquereau and then Anse Bambous on the north-east corner of the island. On the western point of the island there is the Pointe Fouqué and then on the southwest coast the Grand Anse, Petit Grande Anse and the small beach Anse Felix. On the southeastern coast there are the small beaches of Anse Coup de Poing and Anse Parc. There is a still a plantation house on the island, this is located near the eastern coast of the island south of the airstrip.
The Specialty of the Frigate Island:
- Home to 2000 free-roaming Giant Aldabra Tortoises
- Safeguarding the nests of hundreds of endangered Hawksbill Turtles
- Having saved the "Seychelles Magpie Robin" from extinction
- Rehabilitation of indigenous forest with ten thousands of trees planted
- A sanctuary to hundred thousands of tropical birds, more than 100 species
- 16 beautifully crafted Residences (400-700 sqm) with grand private pools
- The Banyan Hill Estate on a secluded peninsula
- Exclusive whole island rental available
- 7 beaches, one frequently voted "most beautiful in the world"
- A private inland harbour & Yacht Club with PADI Dive Centre
- Innovative cuisine inspired by exotic fruits & vegetables grown in our own plantation
- Infinite romantic dining venues on the island, including our unique "Tree House"
- A charming, historic chapel for your most special celebration
- Inspiring natural outdoor playground for children
- The ultimate in privacy, secluded and secure